Who doesn’t want to live a better quality of life? When you avoid disease and fight off the worst effects of aging, you’re able to enjoy life more fully. Yet what are the most effective steps you can take to prevent disease and aging? Read on for four tips that you can begin to follow today for healthier living.
- Eat better. You’ve likely heard of many different ways to improve what you eat, whether it’s for weight loss or better overall nutrition. Frankly, we hear about so many different ways to eat, it can get confusing. While there are some general principles to follow when it comes to eating better—like consuming more fruits and vegetables and less processed food—the best food choices for you and your body involve some personalization. Your genetics, food preferences, and health goals all play a role. At Reveal Vitality, we can help you craft a personalized nutrition plan so you make the best food choices.
- Get regular exercise. While there may not be a real-life Fountain of Youth, exercise is the closest there is to something you can use regularly to protect your health over time. Regular physical activity has a whole host of benefits, including a lower risk for cancer, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes. It also elevates your mood and protects your brain health. Federal guidelines currently recommend 150 minutes of moderate cardio activity a week, which you can break down to 30 minutes daily, five days a week. Strength training at least twice a week also is important, according to the guidelines. The great news is that getting regular exercise doesn’t mean subjecting yourself to a treadmill. There are many different ways to get physical activity, and you should find the way that’s most enjoyable for you.
- Aim for consistently good sleep. Research in recent years has consistently shown just how important sleep is for fighting chronic disease and aging. Most adults should aim for seven to eight hours of sleep each night. Unfortunately, in our stressful, screen-saturated society, getting consistently good sleep can be a challenge. If you struggle with going to sleep or staying asleep, there are different things you can try so you’ll get better rest. Ask Reveal Vitality about our solutions for better sleep.
- Manage stress. The stress you experience in life can have a profound impact on your health. Too much stress can contribute to heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, anxiety, and many other health problems. Managing stress is easier said than done, of course. However, there are more resources than ever available nowadays to help manage stress, such as with physical activity, meditation, and finding something that brings you joy and positivity every day.
Preventing Chronic Disease and Aging: How Reveal Vitality Can Help
You should try to reduce your risk for chronic diseases to live a healthier, more vibrant life.
At Reveal Vitality, we take a functional medicine approach to prevent chronic disease. Here are just some of the services we offer than can help you focus on wellness instead of sickness:
- Advanced diagnostic testing so you know your risk for various health conditions and can help get them under control
- Detoxification to help rid the body of toxins and waste
- Hormone optimization, to help you understand how hormones may have a role in chronic disease and find solutions
- Vitamin therapy and nutrition counseling to get you on a better nutritional path
Contact Reveal Vitality today at 941-217-2777 to discover how we can guide you toward better health and a future with less chronic disease and aging.