Personalized treatment plans integrating genetics, lifestyle, and biochemical assessments.
Triple Board Certified
Dr. Davis is triple board certified in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology & Internal Medicine
Decades of Experience
Dr. Davis has decades of hands-on patient experience and has authored multiple studies on anti aging and overall health
50,000+ Patients Served
Dr. Davis and his team have already helped tens of thousands of patients achieve optimal health
Alternative Medicine Patient Reviews
A Revolutionary Concierge Approach to Alternative Medicine
Our goal is to help you achieve optimal health by identifying and addressing the root causes of your aging concerns and working with you to promote a healthy, vibrant interior and exterior.
At Reveal Vitality, patients get a complete, in-depth assessment so we can create a comprehensive, personalized plan to let you look and feel your best, regardless of chronological age.
Our purpose is in our name, reveal your vitality with our clinically proven Alternative Medicine treatments and therapies.
Find Out How Alternative Medicine Can Help You Best
At Reveal Vitality, we use advanced technology and testing that allow us to assess all health risk factors and create a customized plan tailored to your specific profile and needs.
Your age management plan may include:
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Hormone Alignment Therapy
- Intravenous Vitamin Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
Video: (Alternative Medicine – Functional Medicine)
Learn more from Dr. Davis and his approach to Alternative Medicine.
Concierge Alternative Medicine treatments
Schedule your comprehensive, in-depth risk assessment including complete advanced testing
Get your personalized cardiovascular and body optimization plan
Platinum Elite Level Treatment Plan
Get ongoing expert support, coaching, and direction to achieve optimal health
Frequently Asked Questions
In the world of alternative medicine, there are many treatment options and lifestyle changes that can help patients practice preventative care. While most of us are familiar with conventional medicine, as it’s the primary form of care most doctors provide, at some point you may wonder if there are better options out there. Perhaps it’s after failed attempts at treating a recurring issue or condition, or just in hopes to help your body feel a little better. When the one size fits all band aid approach doesn’t seem to fit right anymore, open your mind to the world of alternative medicine. Alternative medicine applies a holistic approach that prioritizes doctor-patient connections, and both body and mind wellness. It defines personalized care as treatment plans are made just for you. At Reveal Vitality we offer alternative medicine for the state of Florida, including Sarasota and Miami. With our main practice being in Sarasota, we also offer telehealth services to expand our ability to help more patients. Work with us to reveal a healthier, more vibrant version of you. Here’s what you should know about alternative medicine.
How Popular Is Alternative Medicine In The US?
Good health is popular, and alternative medicine can help you achieve good health. About half of Americans report having tried some form of alternative medicine approach in combination with conventional treatment. Additionally, as many as 1/5th of Americans have made the choice to replace conventional medicine regimens with alternative treatments and therapies.
With doctors and medical professionals being stretched thin, patients search for personalized care and a doctor that truly listens. Afterall, nothing is more important than our health, so most of us will stop at nothing to make sure we get the care we deserve. With conventional medicine, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle. It’s also easy for ailments to worsen as you continue to mask symptoms with more conventional “band aid” approaches. Obviously, this is of concern to patients that desperately wish to feel better and live a robust, vibrant life.
Alternative medicine considers the whole body and lifestyle of every individual. The idea of ultra-personalized care and holistic treatments that are proven effective in healing and prevention draw Americans to alternative medicine. Interestingly enough, what we consider in the United States isn’t so alternative in other countries. Practices that we consider alternative medicine are actually quite mainstream in other areas of the world - because they work. We are learning that medications that only mask symptoms don’t always cut it when it comes to true healing. Sometimes, there is a need to go deeper and discover root causes of an ailment so true healing can begin from within. This is the goal of many areas of alternative medicine. Additionally, alternative medicine can help patients get in front of potential problems or worsening of symptoms.
Before you hopefully search alternative medicine near me, save yourself time and connect with our team of compassionate and professional Doctors that specialize in alternative medicine. At Reveal Vitality, we listen and deliver personalized treatment to help you rediscover the vibrant and healthy you, and make sure that version is here to stay.
Is Alternative Medicine Cheaper Than Conventional Medicine?
Individuals can be drawn to alternative medicine because it has the potential to be cheaper than conventional medicine, especially in the long run. Alternative medicine treatments often focus on preventative care and highlight positive lifestyle adjustments that could result in an overall healthier life, thus reducing future healthcare costs. Alternative medicine focuses on the following areas to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle and potentially reduce healthcare costs down the road.
- Healthy eating habits: Individuals who eat a well balanced and healthy diet can live longer. In combination they can also reduce their chance of developing diabetes, certain cancers, heart disease, and many other ailments that can be caused by consistently poor food choices and obesity. By living a life free of these complications, you could save thousands in healthcare costs. Understanding what your body might be deficient in can help you ensure your diet is providing the nutrients you need.
- Stress reduction: Individuals often don’t realize the effect that stress has on our body. Stress is more than frustrating, it manifests in physical ways that can lead to high healthcare costs, although that would be the least of your worries. Consistently high levels of stress can contribute to heart disease, high blood pressure, and other chronic conditions that have dangerous consequences.
- Exercise: Because life isn’t always picture perfect, staying active can help us stay healthy. It can also help reduce stress. Additionally, exercise releases endorphins which can reduce the risk of anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders that could end up costing you thousands in care.
A combination of these elements in addition to holistic health care treatments can prevent or significantly lower the risks of any chronic conditions developing. While insurance may not cover alternative medicine treatment, it’s better to receive care that actually keeps you healthy. There’s no better investment than yourself.
Is Alternative Medicine More Expensive?
There are several factors that can influence the reality of what treatment costs. While you may have to pay out of pocket for alternative medicine treatment, if you can stay healthier, you can save money in the long run. Additionally, you can feel better - and that’s priceless. The cost of any treatment, conventional or alternative, can depend on the severity, insurance coverage, and so forth. Even if insurance covers treatments, it usually does not cover 100% of the costs. At Reveal Vitality we offer payment plans and customized solutions to ensure you can get the care you deserve. We are committed to working with patients in every aspect to make sure they are seen and heard, and provided with solutions that work.
Is Herbal Medicine Alternative Medicine?
Herbal medicine is indeed considered alternative medicine. Herbal medicine offers a natural approach to wellness and healing by utilizing the therapeutic properties of plants. Nature’s medicine cabinet offers many healing benefits and can often replace conventional medicine. Herbal medicine typically works by aiding the body in its natural healing processes, which allows the body to truly heal from within.
Herbal medicine can not only be considered alternative medicine, but is often used as complementary medicine as well. Some patients with ailments such as cancer, mental health disorders, allergies, asthma, migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, and so forth utilize herbs to complement their pre-existing treatment plan.
Herbal medicine can be consumed orally in the forms of tinctures, powdered supplements, raw or dried plants, tea, or powders. Topical solutions may also be used for external elements such as eczema, burns, and acne.
Here are some examples of the power of herbal medicines:
- Chamomile: Chamomile tea is helpful for treating depression, insomnia, and anxiety thanks to its calming effects.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is most commonly used in patients who struggle with migraines or digestive tract issues.
- Lavender: Lavender is useful as an aromatic therapy as it is known to relieve stress and promote relaxation. It is extremely beneficial for patients with anxiety.
- Ginger: Ginger is most commonly utilized as an anti nausea remedy.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is often used topically for burns, wounds, and mild irritation of the skin.
- Garlic: Garlic possesses antibacterial and antiviral properties. As such, it promotes overall health by boosting and protecting the immune system. Additionally, garlic supports healthy cardiac functions.
Is Osteopathic Medicine Considered Alternative Medicine?
Osteopathic medicine is considered a form of alternative medicine. Osteopathic medicine focuses on the interconnectedness of every part of the human body, and encourages those parts to work together in order to attain total wellness.
Osteopathic medicine takes a whole body approach, whereas conventional medicine often leans on a quicker, cover up approach in order to mask symptoms. Unlike conventional medicine, osteopathic medicine also places heavy focus on disease prevention. By taking a comprehensive approach to healthcare, osteopathic physicians often have an in-depth understanding of how an illness in one area of the body can affect the patient as a whole.
Osteopathic medicine, in practice, often involves manipulation of the body’s muscle tissue and bones in order to assist the patient’s natural tendencies towards health and wellness. Using the power of touch therapy to assist in healing, osteopathic physicians place importance in healthy doctor-patient relationships where healing is a collaborative effort and the patient’s voice is heard.
Here are some examples of osteopathic medicine in practice:
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT): OMT is the practice of applying gentle pressure, stretching, and resistance training in order to diagnose or treat sources of pain.
- Primary care: Osteopathic medicine places importance on nutrition, lifestyle factors, and mental health in order to lay the foundation for a healthier life.
- Specific stages of life: Patients that are pregnant, newly postpartum, geriatric, or pediatric can all benefit from musculoskeletal treatments that can improve colic in babies, age related joint or mobility issues, or discomfort that comes with child bearing.
Is Yoga An Alternative Medicine?
Yoga can be considered a form of alternative medicine. Yoga can offer benefits for the well-being of individuals such as reducing stress, improving mental health and quality of sleep, and promoting healthy habits. Yoga by itself is often used as a purely preventative alternative medicine. Though it does possess the potential to help improve the severity of some ailments such as anxiety, depression, or musculoskeletal pain, it does not serve as a cure for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, or other illnesses. Because of this, yoga is an extremely beneficial complementary medicine. The addition of yoga to a preexisting treatment plan can provide comfort and relief from some of the related symptoms.
If you’re looking for an alternative medicine doctor near you in Southern Florida, visit Reveal Vitality. We value the power of personalized holistic therapies as an alternative to the one size fits all approach of conventional medicine.
At Reveal Vitality, we are dedicated to replacing a reactive “band aid” approach to medicine with a more comprehensive evaluation of genetics, environmental factors, lifestyle choices, and metabolism. Our analysis lays the foundation for a highly personalized treatment plan, with a lifestyle plan to accompany it. Schedule your first visit today!